Tuesday, January 29, 2008

using my stash

Welcome to my new blog. This is where I'm going to keep track of all of the scrapbooking supplies I use and buy. I suspect that I buy more than I use, especially since I keep having to expand the shelving in my scraproom...

So I'm taking a cue from Susan and a few others (you can see them on the right) and keeping track of my supplies this year. This blog is mainly for me and my own purposes - I hope by the end of the year I can say that I've used more than I've bought!

Now, here are my rules. Some are taken and/or adapted from Susan and others, and some are my own.

1. patterned paper & cardstock - if I cut into a new sheet, I will count it. (after it's been cut, it goes in the scrap drawer)
2. embellishments - I will count things by type, not color.
3. scraps - every time I use a scrap, I will count it. If I use one scrap 3 times in one sitting, I will count it once. If I use more from that same scrap on another day, I will count it again. Basically, if it goes back in the drawer, I will count it again the next time it comes out.
4. stamp sets - I will count each stamp I use individually.
5. ribbon/ric-rac - I will keep a total of inches used
6. paint, etc. - I am not going to count ink pads, I know that I use them a lot. I will, however, count paint as 1 each time I use it.
7. I am going to do my best to just use generic terms instead of everything by brand name.

That's all I can think of right now! So here we go!

No comments: